No.P3/BMM/CCR dated the 04.09.2012
The Postmaster General,
Trichirappalli 620 001.
Sub: Bi-monthly meeting with the PMG, CR - items to be taken up – Reg.
The following items are proposed to be taken up for discussions with the PMG, CR during the ensuing bi-monthly meeting. The same may kindly be entertained.
1.Re-opening of item 01/02/2012 – item (h)- Non grant of TA to the newly recruited PAs on induction training - still pending unsettled in Kumbakonam Division.
2. Re-opening of item 02/02/2012 - still unsettled though replied on 29.06.2012 BMM that the AMC will be finalized within 15 days. For eg. Almost in all the offices at Kumbakonam Division the UPS is functioning only for ½ hour and in many offices like Kodavasal the transactions could not be made in the 6 hour power cut scenario without UPS and Generator. Staff from Trichy Division also reporting that they are experiencing much difficulties due to non functioning of UPS , printers and Generators.
1. Extension of business hours upto to 05.00 PM including Saturdays against ILO norms and against 5 day week- administrative office/6day week – operative office principles. There is no supportive specific Directorate orders to extend business hours upto 7 hours on all week days. Request to withdraw the orders.
2. Request for restoration of one post of APM (A/C s) and four posts of P.A.s which were kept under abeyance at Pudukkottai HPO since A/C s branch is supported with statistical justification to retain the existing posts. More than 56 S.O.s 1200 staff and 40000 RPLI transactions are under the A/C s jurisidiction and they have to handle with the connected works. If there is curtailment of staff, due to abnormal work load, everything would come to a standstill.
3. Request to take immediate action to shift the Divisional office to the proposed new building at Pattukkottai Division , since the condition of the present building is very dangerous and the Land Lord himself issued notice to relieve him from any responsibility on any eventuality during this rainy season.
The following office bearers will be attending the meeting . Necessary arrangements may kindly be made for granting special CL/Relief.
1. Sri. J. Ramamurthy, Circle Secretary & PA, Tiruvallikeni SO, Chennai 600 005.
2. Sri. A. Manoharan, Regional Secretary & PA, Vriddhachalam HPO 606 001.