Budget for 2013-14 presented in the Lok Sabha Thursday by Finance Minister P. Chidambaram. Few highlights are as under:
* No plans to revise direct tax rates * Surcharge of 10% on Rs 1 crore plus income earners.
* Rs 532 crore to make post offices part of core banking.
* PSU banks to have ATMs at all their branches by March 31, 2014.
* Rs 80,194 crore allocation for Ministry of Rural Development in 2013-14. About Rs 33,000 crore for MGNREGA.
* TDS of 1% on land deals over Rs 50 lakh, agricultural land exempted.
* Commodity transaction tax introduced.
To view full highlights, please CLICK HERE.